Q: Integrated Motor Assist Light coming on

asked by on September 23, 2016

My Integrated Motor Assist light is coming on my dashboard on the multi info display. And my battery is showing that it’s charged 90 percent. But my stand still function doesn’t seem to be working. Does this mean the integrated motor isn’t working? Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

If the IMA light is illuminated, in many cases, the system will be shut down to some degree to prevent further failures. Have the vehicle system scanned for any fault codes stored in the computer as there are a couple ways this system can fail. The light can be due to a battery pack that is not charging correctly. The cause for the improper charging must be determined first in order to perform the correct repairs.