Q: Will the Oil pressure sensor make car shut off

My son knocked a hole in the oil pan and didn't know it he drove the car less than 2.9 miles and the car shut off. Would the low pressure oil sensor cause it to shut off

Hello there. You have a few different issues going on with your 2006 Chevrolet HHR. The oil pressure sensor will not shut the vehicle off, it can prevent the vehicle from starting if low oil pressure is detected though. If the car shut off and has no oil in the pan, then it should not be started or driven until it has been inspected. Low oil pressure and level can cause engine failure. I recommend having a qualified professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the low oil level so that this issue can be addressed as needed.