Q: Bad battery.

My battery is not holding a charge for some reason.

As batteries get older they start to lose their ability to maintain a full charge, this is known as a sulfated battery, it will need replacement.

What does the Battery Saver Active message mean?

The Battery Saver Active message can appear on your driver information center (DIC). When the DIC displays this alert, that means that your battery has a low charge, and your vehicle is shutting off certain systems that may drain the...

Reversed jumper cables and now car won't start even with a new battery.

A number of things may have occurred when the jumper cables were reversed. The battery cables themselves may be fried and require replacement in order to start the vehicle. The PCM or the main computer in your vehicle may also...

Warning lights came on, and then power steering and fans don't work

I suspect that the issue is in the ignition system or control modules not communicating properly with each other. Disconnecting the battery will reset the computer modules but will not fix the issue. I would recommend taking the vehicle to...