Q: Bad battery.

My battery is not holding a charge for some reason.

As batteries get older they start to lose their ability to maintain a full charge, this is known as a sulfated battery, it will need replacement.

How can I find out what exactly is happening in my misfire?

Hello there. Misfires are a common problem with your 1997 Subaru Impreza as the vehicles ages. The most common failures are the spark plugs, coil, plug wires, fuel injectors, fuel pump, vacuum leaks, or an oxygen sensor. You have done...

Making a ticking noise when ideling

This may very well be a slight bit of excess valve train noise. Your car should have the timing belt replaced around every 60,000-70,000 miles. If it is possible that you may have put that many miles on the car...

Car won't start after fuel pump installation 2004 Subaru WRX/STi Hybrid

If the hard starting issue began immediately after the pump install, a possibility is the fuel delivery (pressure and volume) characteristics of the new pump are far enough off stock (or your just prior pump), that the engine either floods,...