Q: Bad battery.

My battery is not holding a charge for some reason.

A: As batteries get older they start to lose t...

As batteries get older they start to lose their ability to maintain a full charge, this is known as a sulfated battery, it will need replacement.

Recommended services
Get a Quote

Q: Key turns freely in the ignition but won't start the vehicle. Accessory power remains on unless the battery is disconnected.

The ignition switch or linkage to the switch is broken. The ignition switch needs to have the small linkage from the back side of the key lock cylinder to turn the switch to start and run the vehicle. Have the...

Q: 1997 Nissan Pathfinder won't pass smog check

If the vehicle has a Check Engine light, this may be able to help diagnose the issue because it would produce a trouble code for the emissions system. If the vehicle does not have the Check Engine light illuminated, I...

Q: Car makes whirring noise and car doesn't start.

I would have the battery tested by a certified technician such as one from Your Mechanic. It sounds like the battery may be dead but they also need to determine if the charging system is working correctly.