Q: The check engine light is on and my car sounds loud when it I crank it up. What could be the cause?The exhaust got fix but still l

Whenever I crank my car up, it has this loud noise and when I press the gas, it gets louder. The check engine light is on. I took it to the car lot I got it from because it was smelling like gas and they fix the exhaust. What could it be?

Hello, thank you for writing in. With the check engine light on, we need to start by scanning the vehicle for diagnostic codes to find out why that light is on. We can use the codes to help point us in the right direction for further testing. If you are smelling gas there may be a leak, or unburned fuel being sent into the exhaust. This would cause the catalytic converter to read high levels and would trigger a check engine light. However this is usually a spark or fuel system issue, rather than an exhaust issue. You should get a second opinion, or go back and utilize your warranty. To obtain an inspection from our technicians, contact our service department.

3. The check engine light is on and my car sounds loud when it I crank it up. What could be the cause?The exhaust got fix but still l