Q: Car starts with difficulty, ABS and O2 sensor lights on

The car has difficulty starting up. It takes a while to turn over. Also, the dashboard is showing the ABS light illuminated along with the Oxygen sensor light. I have recently replaced the oxygen sensor. What could be the problem?

Hello. The hard start and O2 sensor light can be due to the fuel control distributor leaking excessive amounts of fuel from the air control door. Some leakage is normal but less that 22cc of fuel and anymore than this can cause hard starting and O2 sensor erratic readings. The ABS system will have to be tested to see why the light is on. Check for fluid level and brake light operation. You may have a bad speed sensor. If you would like to have this checked for you, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the hard start and warning lights for you.

3. Car starts with difficulty, ABS and O2 sensor lights on