Q: Car jerks when putting in drive.

Just got an oil change and my oil percentage says 33% and now my check engine light is on and it jerks when I go into drive

A: The jerking reaction when putting the vehic...

The jerking reaction when putting the vehicle into drive suggests that your transmission may be low on fluid. Automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into a valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly or when the transmission is low on fluid, this can cause a delay in gear shifting, an abrupt shifting into gear reaction or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.