Q: Seized engine

I'm trying to find a used engine for my 2007 Saturn ion with a 2.2 ecotec and manual transmission. Can you tell me what other vehicles I can look for besides a 2007 Saturn ion or Chevy cobalt? I understand my computer will have to be reprogrammed.

A: As far as I know, those are your only optio...

As far as I know, those are your only options. You might be able to use the one out of a Saturn Vue, but I can't say for certain as the oil pan and mounting points may be different. There is a website you can use though, which will help find all applicable parts for your car. Car-part.com is a really useful resource for finding used engines, as they list location, condition and other applicable notes. The 2.2 Ecotec is a timing chain motor, so you may want to read up a bit about them and decide if you want to change the timing chains in the used motor before installing it in your car.