Q: Where is the grinding noise coming from?

asked by on October 23, 2016

When turning hard right I hear grinding noise and over speed bumps sometimes

Hello. If this only occurs in one direction, then I usually check inside of the fender well for shinny spots. If there are any shinny areas, that would mean that there is something rubbing, such as the tire rubbing. If there is no contact being made, then it may be a problem with the ABS system.

If it detects that one of the wheel speed sensors are not reading correctly, then it can cause the ABS system to kick in and create this noise. If it is equipped with four wheel drive, then it may have a failure in the front differential. If you want to have this grinding noise checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to pinpoint the cause of the noise and proceed with the proper repairs.