Q: How do you add oil to my car?

How do you add oil to my car?

If you check your oil dipstick and see that the oil level is at or below the minimum line, you can add a quart of oil yourself (make sure that you have your car serviced regularly to check for leaks and ensure the oil stays at the right level). To add oil, you’ll just need to:

1. Make sure you have the right weight (0W-20).

2. Open the hood.

3. Locate the oil cap.

4. Turn it to the left (it unscrews).

5. Place a funnel in the oil filler hole.

6. Slowly pour oil into the funnel.

7. If oil spills out of the funnel or drips from the bottle onto the engine, clean it up immediately.

8. Replace the oil cap.

9. Wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute for the oil to drain into the pan.

10. Check the oil level on the dipstick.

Tip

Do not overfill the engine oil – this can damage the engine.

3. How do you add oil to my car?