Q: Same suspension part keeps breaking

I drive a 2008 Nissan Versa that has treated me pretty well over the years. I am at 72,000 miles now and I have a recurring issue with a faulty ball joint in the front suspension. I have had the same joint serviced twice before and now it is acting up again. I use the heck out of this car, so I doubt it is defective. Is there a way to strengthen up that area when I replace the joint so this doesn’t happen a fourth time?

The lower ball joint is pressed into the lower control arms when replaced. The replacement joint can be pressed into the old lower control arms or you could replace the complete lower control arm that comes with new inner pivot bushings and a new lower ball joint. There are aftermarket parts (the ball joint or complete control arm) that are designed to last longer than original equipment. There are recalls for the springs of your front end, but none for the ball joints. I would recommend contacting a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, for a complete front end inspection to verify and quote repairs needed.