Q: I hear a loud screeching noise when I take off

When I accelerate from a complete stop I hear a loud screeching noise but if I go slow when I take off I don't hear it

My car has an automatic transmission. I own a 2004 Ford explorer

Hello there. Typically when a noise like this occurs it is due to a drive or serpentine belt that is loose or wearing out. It’s also possible for pulley’s that drive these belts are worn out and the squeaking is metal-to-metal contact. Faulty wheel bearings can also be the source of this type of noise. The best way to ensure the right repairs are completed is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection.