Q: Replace front struts

My vehicle is an AWD and I'm trying to replace the front struts. All the parts listed on most web sites are listed as front wheel drive struts. Is there a difference between the two and what is it? So, will FWD struts fit on an AWD vehicle? Thank you

A: Hello. Your all wheel drive system should h...

Hello. Your all wheel drive system should have active suspension on it. This means that the struts are electronic. You typically cannot find these online as they are a dealer item. Unfortunately, you cannot use the 2WD struts as that will create issues with your vehicle and the warning systems. If you want to have these struts replaced professionally, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to perform this service