Q: Actuator not opening trunk

When I press the button to open the trunk, the actuator engages, but the trunk does not open.

A: Since the trunk lid solenoid is working, it...

Since the trunk lid solenoid is working, it sounds like the latch or actuator needs to be replaced. There are also two ways to open the trunk if the key fob or dash button don’t work. Pull the "T" shaped pull cord located just inside the trunk pass-through or slide the "kidnap" release inside the trunk lid with a long handle. The emergency release is just a temporary fix, of course. I suggest you a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to determine why your trunk is not opening and replace your trunk lock actuator if needed.