Q: Mitsubishi Outlander 2006 Neutral Light Blinking

I was driving my normal commute, was backing out of the mall parking and when I shifted to Drive and moved forward I felt the car didn't really accelerate. All of the sudden the N light started blinking and the car wouldn't go pass 2nd gear not even in Manual.

A: Depending on the frequency of the flashing ...

Depending on the frequency of the flashing light, this can mean either the transmission control module or the transmission itself has a problem. When the light flashes once every second, this means the transmission has a problem and a fault code should have been recorded. When it flashes twice per second, this means the transmission control module has recorded a fault code. I would recommend having the car’s warning light diagnosed and scanned by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic. Downloading the fault codes will determine your issue.