Q: Mitsubishi Outlander 2006 Neutral Light Blinking

asked by on August 24, 2016

I was driving my normal commute, was backing out of the mall parking and when I shifted to Drive and moved forward I felt the car didn't really accelerate. All of the sudden the N light started blinking and the car wouldn't go pass 2nd gear not even in Manual.

Depending on the frequency of the flashing light, this can mean either the transmission control module or the transmission itself has a problem. When the light flashes once every second, this means the transmission has a problem and a fault code should have been recorded. When it flashes twice per second, this means the transmission control module has recorded a fault code. I would recommend having the car’s warning light diagnosed and scanned by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic. Downloading the fault codes will determine your issue.