Q: The driver side reverse light won't work, only the passenger side light works. I've changed all the bulbs and I still can't get it to come on.

Having problems with my back up lights on my 1998 GMC suburban passenger side works all the time driver side I cannot get it to work I have replaced all the bulbs still not working thank you

A: I would suspect that that there is a proble...

I would suspect that that there is a problem with the socket for the light bulb. Corrosion will build up in the bulb socket and not allow power, or ground, to get to the bulb. If the bulb is okay, then there is probably a wiring issue. You will first need to determine if the bulb socket is getting power and ground. That will tell you if it is a problem with the socket, or if it is something else.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose the issue with your lights and fix it as necessary.