Q: Car all of a sudden won't reverse .. 2005 Chrysler Sebring

asked by on December 05, 2016

Parked car at store came back out and it won't reverse just goes forward

Hello - first task is to check the fluid level in the transmission. If it is low, failure to engage gears could result. If you have lost Reverse only, most likely the reverse primary clutch in the transmission, or the reverse hydraulic circuit which engages that clutch, has failed. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.