Q: Buzzing noise and shaking in the front end of the car

asked by on August 12, 2016

I've noticed a buzzing noise lately, that seems to be coming from behind the dashboard. The front end of my car is shaking and makes the steering wheel shaking as well. What could be the problem?

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2000 Chrysler Cirrus. The buzz is most likely coming from the blend door actuator motor on the evaporator case under the dash. The actuator would need to be verified as to which one is the cause since there are 4 on the case that may be bad. The front end shaking may be due to tires but there is a recall on the lower control arms and ball joints that may pertain to this vehicle and needs to be verified it was done by the dealer. If you would like to have this diagnosed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the shaking issue and assist with appropriate repairs.