Q: What does it mean when the computer readout said p0606-engine control module/power train control module and p1680-power train mod

asked by on May 01, 2016

My cars Che know engine light came on and I had it hooked up to the computer and the codes were p0606 and p1680. I'm wondering what this means and how much this is going to cost me?

You will need to have the battery and charging system checked for a low voltage of 9 volts or below to the engine control module. The engine code is for low voltage to the module. After the battery low voltage condition is fixed, then clear the check engine codes and see if the codes return. If you need help checking the battery and charging system then have a qualified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the system and clear the Check Engine Light for you, and repair the system as needed.