Q: turn signal works when acc is on and it wont work when started . Right side

asked by on November 05, 2016

My right rear turn signal will not work when my truck is running . Also my back up camera will not work when this happens. Then,you go get in and start it and everything works just fine for a few days, including the back up camera. When this happens, actually the whole lighting on the right back does not work. But if you turn the truck off and turn it to acc....all the lights work......!!!!

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. What seems to be happening is the cluster control module has a short in it. The control module is under the dash on the driver side. I recommend replacing the cluster control module. The cluster control module controls all of the body functions to the vehicle including all of the lights. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with your lights and back up camera.