Hesitation when accelerating 2003 v8-5.0l mercedes-benz m...

Q: Hesitation when accelerating

asked by on April 11, 2017

My check engine light just came on. The car is pausing for a second before taking off. Can you help?

Hi There, It sounds like you are describing the symptoms of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.