Q: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 sport 4x4

Truck had started sputtering and jurking so I did a full tuneup after the tuneup it still did the same thing check engine light came on said misfire on cylinder eight so I changed out number eight fuel injector and is still doing the same thing had to replace spark plugs again because #8 and number 3 were burnt #8 worse then 3 and fuel consumption is terrible 143 mile on a 26 gallon tank!

If you didn’t change plug wires, cap and rotor, those could be causes. Also, the distributor itself would have to be tested. As far as the fuel injectors, you just want to be sure they are actually getting a signal, that is they are electrically connected. If you cannot find a fault in the ignition system or fuel supply, check compression in the misfiring cylinders as there could be a mechanical cause of the misfiring. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a misfiring diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 sport 4x4