Q: 1995 BMW 318i starter wiring

I had already removed the oil dip stick holder when my neighbor's adult grandson walked up and offer to help me. So I asked he try to remove the 2 bolts holding my starter. He later said he couldn't. To my surprise he had removed the 3 wires off the starter. I almost cried, I KNOW one has to label where they came from. I have looked everywhere & can not find how to replace them properly. I do not want to blow my brand new starter by wiring it wrong. I so need my car running...the bus is killing me :) Only thing left is to remove the top bold ( a bear), remove the old starter, install the new and replace the wires properly. Can you PLEASE give me the correct placement of the 3 wires to the starter?

The black/yellow wire is the ignition wire, which goes to a small stud on the starter. The large red cables come from the battery and power distribution box. They go to the large stud on the starter. The black/green wire goes to the on board computers and should attach to a small stud as well. With the starter mounted to the vehicle, it looks like the yellow wire should go on the topmost small stud, while the green wire should go on the bottom small stud. Getting these wires swapped shouldn’t do any damage to the starter. Also, often the wire eyelets are sized to fit a particular stud. This may help you determine which wire goes where. If you can’t get things straightened out, YourMechanic would be happy to assist you with your starter replacement.

3. 1995 BMW 318i starter wiring