Q: Check Tire Pressure warning light coming on

The Check Tire Pressure warning light is coming on in my car. The tires are brand new.

Hi there. The tire pressure monitoring system uses a pressure sensor in each tire that sends a signal to the computer about the tire pressure. If the air pressure in the tires are at manufacturer specifications and the light is still on, then most of the time it is because of a bad sensor. If this occurred right after the tires were installed, then it is typically because one of the sensors were damaged during the tire installation. This commonly happens. You may need to have a sensor replaced and the system reprogrammed to pick up the new sensor. It will typically take a scan tool to be able to see which tire is not reading correctly. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the tire pressure problem.