Q: Hesitation/stalling when engine gets warm.

asked by on July 17, 2016

Hesitation/stalling when engine gets warm, Usually first it hesitates but it tents to take about an hour of driving before it starts hesitating. Once it starts it will not stop anytime the truck needs more power to go up a hill or to pick up speed. Eventually the more its driven the engine will ether stall while driving or stall when stopped at a light. At first it did not even hesitate, I was driving on the highway Traveling going 70-80 mph ( speed limit was 70) and it just stalled out on me. I can start it right back up though and go for about 10 miles before it stalls again. Once i let it sit overnight its good to go again. So now once it gets to a half a tank of gas it seems to hesitate, again only when it has been driven for an hour or so. What i have had done, fuel filter,fuel lines, Alternator, TPS, coil packs, Sparkplugs and wires, Cleaned MAS. I do have a code PO133 The code was not up when it happened the first few times though

It sound like the fuel pump is stopping after it gets hot. A problem with the pumps starts when it begins to stall intermittently and get worse and worse over time. It may start up and go for a while and stop again. The same problem can happen to the ignition system module. The only way to tell which one is the actual problem, is to test it for spark and fuel pressure when the vehicle will not start. The code P0133 may lean toward the fuel pump failing, but the stalling issue should be should be diagnosed thoroughly to make sure.