Q: Car alarm is going off after putting in a fuse.

Hi my radio and inside lights and fag lighter don't work. And when I put a 10amp fuse in ROOM every thing works. But the alarm goes off. How do I turn the alarm off. PS I don't have a key fob

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. There could be an issue with the wiring. Look for a wire that says alarm on it. If there is no alarm wire, then look at where the alarm blinker is located and follow the wires.

You could locate the wires in the alarm box. The trigger is probably hooked up wrong and, when power is added to the trigger, then the alarm becomes active. If your alarm is aftermarket, there may also be a main power fuse in the engine compartment.

If you need assistance with your alarm, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect for any electrical problems and determine what exactly is wrong with the car alarm.