Q: if my alternator fuse is blown would it make sense for my car not to start?

asked by on October 04, 2016

my friend jumped my car backwards. red on minus and black on plus while i did the opposite black on minus and red on plus. i checked under the hood and i saw that my alternator fuse is blown would it make sense that because that one fuse is blown my car wont start?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Unfortunately, the mistake of hooking up the battery cables in reverse may have causes several sensors, relays, and electrical components to be damaged during the attempted jump start. There are most likely multiple electrical issues that need to be diagnosed and repaired by a professional mechanic. Having a local expert show up to your workplace or home to complete a diagnostic on your starting issue is probably your best option to have this addressed properly.