Q: My AC clutch won't engage - 1999 Honda Civic

I have a 1999 civic lx and the compressor clutch wont engage.the light on the ac button lights up. I jumped the connector on the pressure switch... Nothing. I ran a power wire to the compressor an it works fine. I checked the relay an its good so I pulled it out an jumped the prongs an the clutch will engage if I have a jumper wire so I think the problem is in the computer. What would the next step be

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 1999 Honda Civic. The computer will often times shut the compressor off as a safety default when there is not enough pressure in the system. This can also happen when there is too much pressure in the system. The computer is designed to detect a change in pressure whether too high or too low, which will cause it to shut off the compressor. I would recommend checking the pressure or refrigerant level in the system. If you need help, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your AC problems.

3. My AC clutch won't engage - 1999 Honda Civic