off road rav4 vs honda crv both first gen or second gen w...

Q: off road rav4 vs honda crv both first gen or second gen which one would be more suited from the two brand

asked by on September 30, 2017

hi there i am wonddering whic is better off road vehicle between the rav4 vs honda crv both first gen or second gen (1999-2004) which one would be more suited from the two brands and which gen is best i know that they are not made for that purpose but which one is better suited for it thanks

To answer your question requires field and performance data which to my knowledge has not been collected and published and thus does not exist. Some informal (non scientific) analyses have been published such as the one at this link. In addition, neither of the vehicles was designed to be used off of paved roads and thus both will be damaged to some extent in such use and so your question devolves to: "which vehicle is more robust overall and thus will be damaged less?" For want of very detailed data, nobody has an answer to that question. If your question is limited to simple issues like ground clearance and tire section, some progress can be made but, again, as far as a global conclusion that one of the two vehicle is "better" than the other, nobody knows because there are no published test results. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.