Q: Engine swap compatibility

I have a 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe with 80k on the clock. My engine, which is a VQ35DE revup, just blew on me. After researching, I came to find that the revup engines have very common oil consumption issues which cause major problems. I found a VQ35DE non rev up engine that came out of a 2005 350z. I'm wondering if I drop the non rev engine into my car, will it work?

Hello. From what I understand the two engines, while similar, do have slightly different setups. The non rev up engine will fit into your vehicle, however it would require a different wiring harness and computer in order to run.

I would recommend looking for a rev up VQ35DE, as that would be a direct bolt in, and will not require you to modify or replace the harness and computer.

3. Engine swap compatibility