Q: I fill my oil, then my car smokes when started after 10-15 min it goes away. But after like 2 days it needs oil.

Keep filling my oil then it smokes white when started and then 10-15 min later it stops. Doesn't overheat or nothing and the oil looks like it should. But it seems like it's draining oil.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Over a period of 20+ years, the internal engine components begin to fail. When it comes to blowing smoke and rapidly losing oil level, typically there are two culprits; the valve guides in the cylinder head, and piston rings inside the combustion chamber. If the smoke comes out while you’re accelerating, the piston rings are more than likely damaged and need to be replaced. If the smoke comes out during deceleration; the valve guides are probably worn. Both of those repairs can be extremely costly; so it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete a smoke is blowing from exhaust inspection. This will allow you to make an informed decision as to whether to invest in repairs or purchase a newer vehicle.