Q: Approximately, how long will a warranty last on a replaced or resealed valve cover gasket?

asked by on February 06, 2017

I got my cam cover gasket replaced in Aug. 2013, than in Sept .2014, again replaced and resealed valve cover gasket, and now there is steel oil leeks, and the car was diagnosed Jan 2017. with leak from valve cover. is there any warranty for repair like this?

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The engine valve cover gasket should last for about 8 to 12 years. If the gasket is leaking, then the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valve is plugged up causing the engine to build up too much crankcase pressure blowing out the gasket. I recommend replacing the PCV valve and the valve cover gasket. The only time the warranty is applied to a valve cover gasket is from the manufacture time (new cars) or a company that offers a warranty for their products. If you need further assistance with your oil leaks, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.