Q: Problems with fuel system

The car has been parked, but I have kept the battery on a trickle charge, so it should be good. The car doesn't start. It seems like the gas is not getting to the carburetor. It could possibly be the fuel lines, injectors, or the fuel pump.

A: Hi, in this case it could be any of these t...

Hi, in this case it could be any of these things that you’ve mentioned. I would start at checking the battery for proper voltage. If voltage is correct then I would check the fuel pump and relay. If there is no power to the fuel pump then check the relay. If your fuel pump is working then I would proceed to the fuel lines. Follow the fuel lines and check for any cracks, clogs, or leaks. Change the fuel line if any leaks are found. If none are found, then proceed to the fuel injectors. Inspect the fuel injectors and fuel injector gaskets by checking for sludge that could clog the injectors. Clean the injectors and gaskets before reinstalling them.

If the vehicle still doesn’t start, I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, take a close look into your fuel system to see what repairs need to be made. They can diagnose and repair your car’s no-start issue to get your vehicle safely back on the road.