Q: Overheating issue with my 2007 Chrysler Sebring

asked by on March 29, 2017

I'm having an issue with my 2007 Sebring and it's engine overheating. I know a little about cars but not enough that I can sitdown and pinpoint the exact issue. I filled it up with coolant (it was kinda low) and checked under the radiator cap and saw coolant there, so to the BEST of my knowledge there's no leaks. I feel like the issue could be that my radiator fans could be not working, however I don't want to have to go to a shop to drop an extra 100$ to be told what I already may know. The more I use the car since the engine overheat warning went on the shorter and shorter distances it takes to overheat. It used to be 15 mins, now it's a quick lap around the shoulder which takes 5 minutes. Stop and go traffic isnwhen it heats up quickly which is what I've read indicates fans because when moving air helps flow through. Just looking for expert advice so I know what may be going on here and not paying more than I have to.

The first thing is a proper diagnosis will not only verify the complaint but will locate the cause of the problem for you so you can decide to fix it or not. When an engine overheats for no apparent reason then the thermostat is the most common cause next to the cooling fans not coming on. You will need to have the computer tested to see if the fan motor is bad or the computer is not powering on the cooling fans. A test is needed to isolate the cause. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come to you and diagnose the overheating so you do not drive the vehicle causing engine overheating damages.