Q: Engine is leaking coolant on the top of the engine

asked by on September 01, 2016

I got a low coolant alert and checked it and my reservoir was nearly empty. Underneath the intake manifold, I could see a puddle of coolant.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This sounds like potentially a blown head gasket unfortunately. I would definitely not start or drive the car any longer until having it checked by a mechanic. When this happens, the gasket between the cylinder head and the engine block is damaged which will cause overheating and a lot of other damage. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the coolant leak and help you repair it as necessary.