Q: Stalling during slow driving and idling, trouble starting

During idling or slow driving, my car would stall. After that, when I try to turn it back on, the car has difficulty starting for a while. I had the fuel pump, fuel relay and MAF sensor replaced. Also, the brake lights wouldn't turn on during braking. The fuses seem fine. Why is this happening? What should I check next? Thanks.

A: Hello. First, I would have the car checked ...

Hello. First, I would have the car checked for vacuum leaks. I would also have the turbo system looks at for broken or malfunctioning parts. If your brake light fuses are still in good condition it is possible that the bulbs are blown out, the brake switch is faulty, or the brake controller is faulty. It would be a good idea to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and inspect why your car is stalling and why your brake lights aren’t working in order to pinpoint the source of the problems. It would also be a good idea to have your turbo system inspected.