When turning on navigation system, radio comes on too q5 ...

Q: When turning on navigation system, radio comes on too

asked by on June 27, 2016

When opening the navigation system and keeping a map on the screen, the radio always comes on by itself. If I turn the radio off, then the navigation system goes off. Why does the radio come on and why do they affect each other; what can I do to fix this?

The navigation system and the radio do affect each other and use each other to work. When the navigation comes on it turns the radio on as well to provide volume for the voice directions. This is normal operation and is programed from the manufacture.

Should you run into any problems with your radio/navigation system, contact a qualified technician at YourMechanic who can inspect the system and fix any issues accordingly.