Q: Would a knock sensor on an 04 infinity cause it to not star?t

When I turn the key in the ignition all it does is Click it will not completely click over or start I was just wondering if it could be the knock sensor causing it to not start I took it to get inspected and the inspector would not pass it because of the knock sensor I was just wondering if that was the reason my car would not start is an 04 Infiniti

Hi there. The knock sensors are designed to produce a voltage when they hear a knock noise from the engine internal parts, so I’m not quite sure if a faulty knock sensor would impact the starting ability on the vehicle. This sounds like you may have a battery relay issue or starter issue. Especially if you have a 2004 Infinity and have not replaced the starter yet.

There can be multiple issues that are causing this starting problem, so you might want to contact one of our local mechanics to complete a no start inspection to pinpoint the precise source of your vehicle’s troubles.