Q: Why does my Engine sounds like a tractor.

I have a 02 Ford Escape xlt v6. Well long story short is a had purchased the vehicle straight out for 1200$ about six months ago started to take off and it had bad ailment and the front suspension cradle needed replaced. So I had got it looked at and put a used back on.. ran good for a solid week besides having to beef the breaks... About a month late I started to hear a strange ringing sound that grew louder as days flew by still to present... on top of that another month later I hear a sizzling/whisper sound like there's a hole or something in one of the pipes that is letting it spit out Some kind of hot water. In a tea pot on the stove. Also been hearing so rattling noises coming either from the engine it self or behind it. I don't see any leak underneath but a small hole in the muffler so I think I figured out the one rattle sound I've been told a got a trans problem and need to get rid of it quickly and quitely put it in reverse the engine it's self moves either front or back.

Hey there. Your symptoms sound like many of your problems may be coming from a failed engine mount. The engine mount can fail and allow some extra movement of the engine and transmission assembly. To have this verified, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the sound of the engine and replace the engine mount if necessary.

3. Why does my Engine sounds like a tractor.