Q: Why does my Engine sounds like a tractor.

I have a 02 Ford Escape xlt v6. Well long story short is a had purchased the vehicle straight out for 1200$ about six months ago started to take off and it had bad ailment and the front suspension cradle needed replaced. So I had got it looked at and put a used back on.. ran good for a solid week besides having to beef the breaks... About a month late I started to hear a strange ringing sound that grew louder as days flew by still to present... on top of that another month later I hear a sizzling/whisper sound like there's a hole or something in one of the pipes that is letting it spit out Some kind of hot water. In a tea pot on the stove. Also been hearing so rattling noises coming either from the engine it self or behind it. I don't see any leak underneath but a small hole in the muffler so I think I figured out the one rattle sound I've been told a got a trans problem and need to get rid of it quickly and quitely put it in reverse the engine it's self moves either front or back.

A: Hey there. Your symptoms sound like many of...

Hey there. Your symptoms sound like many of your problems may be coming from a failed engine mount. The engine mount can fail and allow some extra movement of the engine and transmission assembly. To have this verified, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the sound of the engine and replace the engine mount if necessary.