Q: What tips should I know about using the hands-free system?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What tips should I know about using the hands-free system?

Your car’s hands-free calling system lets you take and make calls through the audio system without having to use your cell phone. This can reduce distractions while driving, offering you and your passengers greater safety on the road. However, there are a few tips you should follow:

• Wait for the other person to finish talking before speaking, or the system will not transmit what you’re saying.

• Turn the call volume down as low as is comfortable to prevent an echo from happening.

• The call volume will automatically increase at 50 MPH. It will decrease at 43 MPH.

• Your voice may not be recognized by the system if you’re driving on a rough/rocky road, or traveling at a high speed. It may also not recognize it if the air is on high.

• Not all functions are available with all phones. Refer to your phone’s owner’s manual for more information about hands-free calling.