Q: What Are the Top Transmission Problems That Should Never Be Ignored?

What are the top transmission problems that should never be ignored?

A: Ignoring problems with cars is like ignorin...

Ignoring problems with cars is like ignoring problems with teeth. Waiting longer usually just results in more pain and expense. Seeing transmission fluid on the ground under your vehicle should get your attention right away. Transmission fluid is usually reddish-brown. It means that there is a leak and the ATF (automatic transmission fluid) level should be checked before driving further. Driving with low transmission fluid can damage the transmission.

If you feel the transmission slipping while driving, rather than having a firm and positive engagement, get it inspected right away. If the transmission is allowed to slip, a lot of heat is generated, which can cause harm rapidly. What may have been a relatively minor fix can turn into needing to have the transmission replaced. Following the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule when it comes to fluid change intervals is a smart thing to do. Preventative maintenance is usually more economical than repairs, as transmission repairs can be awfully expensive.