Q: 2013 Ford Taurus will not start, but emergency lights are flashing and I can't turn it off. Why is this?

asked by on August 18, 2017

It seems the battery is bad because the car will not start, however I don't understand how and why the emergency lights got flashing, and it will not stop even though I pressed the button shut it off. It has been flashing for 20 minutes.

It sounds like the alarm has been activated. When the alarm is activated it may sound the horn for the first few minutes, and then continue with the flashers after the horn stops sounding. When the alarm is activated the car is disabled to prevent theft. Try closing and locking all the doors. Then unlock the driver’s door and get in to start the car as you normally would. If it does the same thing again, the car may not be recognizing the key. If you have another key, try that one. If none of these work, the system will have to be scanned to detect the problem. Contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Taurus and let you know what it will take to fix it.