Q: Why would I keep getting air and fluid bleeding through the clutch system in my 2008 Infiniti G35

asked by on May 31, 2017

I was bleeding the clutch system because the pedal would only return halfway after being depressed, and when I went to pump the pedal with the bleed port open, fluid and air came out. As I kept pumping the pedal, fluid stopped coming out, and no new fluid was drawn in from the master cylinder reservoir. At this point, fluid will drain slowly through the system if the bleed port is open and the clutch pedal is up (and all of the old fluid appears to have been flushed), but the system won't build any pressure and still doesn't draw in new fluid when the pedal is pumped. There still seems to be air in the lines. I suspect there is some leaking going on in the master cylinder, since the slave cylinder was replaced around 40k miles ago. Thanks in advance for the help.

Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement $153.16 - $485.68 Get a Quote

Hello. You more than likely have a bad clutch master cylinder. These will often have a seal failure on the back side of the cylinder which will either leak or suck in air. Both of these will cause this to occur. If there are not any leaks at the slave cylinder then the master cylinder needs to be replaced and bled. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [determine what is causing the clutch to do this] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/clutch-master-cylinder-replacement

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr