Q: Why would my check engine light continue to come on after replacing the EGR valve in my 2004 Chevrolet Impala

asked by on April 19, 2017

The check engine light came on in my car with an EGR valve code. The valve has been replaced three separate times, with the check engine light continuing to come on after a few miles of driving. I would like to know if there are possible external sources that could be causing the EGR valve to fail. Thank you.

Hello. I would need to know which EGR code you are getting in order to be able to precisely tell you what may be going on. Most of the time if replacing the EGR valve does not solve the problem it is because there is a clog in the EGR passages or possibly a failure in the circuit. Both of these can easily be tested. If you need assistance with fixing this issue, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the EGR system is not working right] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection