Q: Car won't maintain an idle.

asked by on February 13, 2017

Car ran out of gas change fuel filter change battery in remote backfires intermittently when starts check fuel up to fuel rail anti-theft device maybe not working

Idle Control Valve Replacement $147.54 - $995.01 Get a Quote

Hi there. Try turning on the ignition to the ’ON’ position 3 times with 30 seconds each time to see if the fuel system had air in the rail. This will help with the air in the system. When starting, hold the pedal on the floor, but just above the floor and crank the engine until the engine starts. For the idle not holding, either there is air in the fuel system or the idle air control valve is plugged up. If you need further assistance with your engine idle condition, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr