Q: Car start but steering wheel won't turn

asked by on November 08, 2017

Car starts normally but my steering wheel won't turn left or right

Two things come to mind. It could be that your steering lock has malfunctioned, in which case the steering wheel will feel very rigid, or it might be that the power steering is not working, in which case the steering wheel will be very hard to turn, but not rigid. That may just be a result of a broken power steering belt. In either case I can’t help you fix it from this desk, but you can contact YourMechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your steering problem and recommend a fix.