Q: Bad noise coming from transmission.

I hear a very bad noise that I think is coming from the transmission. It might be the bearings.

Grinding sound from transmission Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Depending on whether you have a manual or an automatic transmission will determine what the issue is. Also, a description of the noise would help. Most of the time if you have an issue with the manual transmission that causes noise it is due to a bearing failure. This can cause some rattling and grinding noises. If it has an automatic transmission, though it can have a bearing issue, the most common issues are worn internal clutches causing rattling or a broken sun shell that can cause popping and clicking noises. You need to take the vehicle to a transmission specialist to have it diagnosed.