Q: The ESP light turns on and car stops

ESP light turns on and the car stops. This happens on and off. The brake sensor has been checked, but the car is still doing it. This problem happens more when braking or turning.

Hi. As you probably know, ESP stands for electronic stability program. If the car detects the wheels are spinning or there is a danger of skidding into a turn, it will illuminate the ESP light. If the ESP light flashes intermittently, it may be an indication that all four tires are not the correct size. If all the tires are indeed the same, I suspect a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors. The professionals at YourMechanic can inspect your vehicle and replace the wheel speed sensor if it is said to be damaged.