Q: Fuel rich smell from car

asked by on February 04, 2016

I detect a fuel rich smell when I start my car and for a little while afterwards.

Smell in the car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

I’m not sure if you mean you smell fuel or your vehicle smells like it’s running rich. If it’s the latter, there are dozens of reason for a rich mixture. Anything from a bad fuel pressure regulator to a faulty throttle position sensor could be the cause. Among other things, a rich condition is indicated by black exhaust smoke. I suggest having a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle’s smell to see what repairs can be done.