Q: Why would there be gas leaking from underneath the car?

I went to lunch and came back in the mid day heat didn't bottom out any where but I got home turned off the car and came out to a puddle of gas I couldn't see exactly where the leak was it was none of the immediately visible pipes. I disconnected the battery trying to kill the fuel pump it persisted to leak. Then I opened the gas cap and a lot of air came out like it was under a lot of pressure and the leak stopped but I may have just been out of gas since I had less than a quarter tank and it was coming out at not quite a stream but fast drips.

This sounds like potentially a problem related to the fuel tank venting or possibly a leak in the tank itself. This is a difficult problem to diagnose without testing the tank for leaks. Because this can be very dangerous if not done properly, I would recommend having an certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the fuel leak and help you fix it accordingly.

3. Why would there be gas leaking from underneath the car?