Q: Why would there be gas leaking from underneath the car?

I went to lunch and came back in the mid day heat didn't bottom out any where but I got home turned off the car and came out to a puddle of gas I couldn't see exactly where the leak was it was none of the immediately visible pipes. I disconnected the battery trying to kill the fuel pump it persisted to leak. Then I opened the gas cap and a lot of air came out like it was under a lot of pressure and the leak stopped but I may have just been out of gas since I had less than a quarter tank and it was coming out at not quite a stream but fast drips.

A: This sounds like potentially a problem rela...

This sounds like potentially a problem related to the fuel tank venting or possibly a leak in the tank itself. This is a difficult problem to diagnose without testing the tank for leaks. Because this can be very dangerous if not done properly, I would recommend having an certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the fuel leak and help you fix it accordingly.