Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1cupw67js:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1cupw67js:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1cupw67js:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1cupw67js:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1cupw67js:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1cupw67js:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1cupw67js:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1cupw67js:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1cupw67js:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-55793-1cupw67js:173:8

Q: My car has an electrical system issue, loses power, and stalls

When i am driving, the electrical system randomly turns off and turns back on a split second later. The audio will go out for 5 seconds and then come back on and everything acts fine. Sometimes the electrical system resets and everything (lights/radio/ac) turns off for a split second and back on but car is still running.

Once while i was driving on the highway the car lost power and i had to coast over to the side of the road. When i was able to stop the car on the shoulder, the power steering froze the wheel and i couldn't shift past neutral. I waited a minute or 2 and turned the car on and off and no problems.

I really love my car but i want to figure out what the problem is without wasting money trying to diagnose the issue.

Thank you

A: Hi there. These situations can be caused by...

Hi there. These situations can be caused by a number of things and can be frustrating. From my experience with this vehicle, it is usually caused by a bad ignition switch. It can also be a bad main relay or a battery connection, but almost every time it is caused by the ignition switch failing.

When it goes bad, the car will act as if it is turned off or if certain circuits are turned off. A voltage drop of the switch would need to be done when the problem is occurring. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to determine exactly why your car is stalling.